We all go through times when we want to clean our house by giving away old things that we own. People love to get rid of everything old and make space for something new. Some people like to change their entire house at once, while some like to replace one thing at a time. In a nutshell, change is what people crave.
What better way of changing up your house, than by having something new! Seldom people think of reusing something that they already have in their house. Yes, just because you have handful of old items in your house, doesn’t mean that they are meant to just be thrown away. There are several ways to utilize old things in different ways. You don’t have to work on something as big as decorating your entire dining room; you can start a DIY project in order to turn your old furniture into something new and useful.
The thing about DIY projects is that they are easy to follow, cost efficient and often times give satisfactory results. This is the reason that DIY projects are gaining a lot of popularity with every passing day.
There are a lot of things that you can start with. If you want a universal piece of furniture that can be placed anywhere, start with something small. If you have an extra drawer from an old dresser in your house, then there you have your first DIY project. Yes, following a simple and easy DIY tutorial can turn an ordinary drawer into something useful.
This tutorial will help you to turn something useless into the best piece of furniture in your house. Working on these refinishing old dresser ideas, you will be able to bring something new into your home.
The best thing about turning a bedroom dresser drawer into a storing space is that it’s not only cost efficient, but it also takes very little time to complete. You can use different décor ideas to give a unique look to your project while staying within your budget. The final result of your efforts will be a nice storage space. This DIY storage space idea will be worth it!
1. Things you will need for refinishing old dresser ideas:
There are handfuls of things that you will need to complete it project. Following is the list of things you will need.
Brad nail gun
2. Contemporary bedroom dresser used in this project:
The first and the most important thing that is used in this project is the contemporary bedroom dresser’s drawer. This was the old dresser that we used in this project to turn it into an ottoman footstool.
3. Take the measurements of your contemporary bedroom dresser drawer:
The first thing that you need to do is take the exact measurement of the contemporary bedroom dresser drawer that you are going to use.
4. Plywood for your modern wood dresser drawer:
5. Time to use nail gun in this easy DIY décor idea:
6. Attach hardware at the bottom of your modern bedroom dresser drawer:
7. Attach the bun feet to the modern wood dresser drawer:
8. Time to use beadboard in your modern house decorating ideas project:
9. Attach the beadboard to your modern bedroom dresser drawer:
10. Think of more modern house decorating ideas:
11. We will need a seat for your easy DIY décor project:
12. Use the gun nail for this best dresser furniture idea:
13. Paint decorating ideas for your ottoman footstool:
14. Why is it best dresser furniture idea for your house?
Final look of your best dresser furniture ottoman footstool: